DOVE,THE PRIZED LASS


SHORT STORY

         DOVE,THE PRIZED LASS

QAYOOM MADNI

‘What is the pleasant thing you possess?’, Koel
 Dove, ‘I am beautiful entity, possess big heart and above all patience.’
‘People admire me for different reasons’. ‘Some sacrifice their each thing over my beauty, some are after my flesh, some want to capture me to sell and make money, some put traps  over my movement, and some want me to sing and dance.’
‘Whom you regard among these ’, Koel.
‘Nobody, but one’, Dove.
‘Who’, Koel.


Dove , ‘One man who sits there in the grassland gazing at me tirelessly. He has never hurt me. He never traps me. He is like my guard. He plucks weeds from my path. He passes water when I need. He places blanket when I sleep. He plays tales of moon and sun.’
‘I wonder how such an unknown man cares and loves so much to me. He is my cherisher. Whenever I am late he waits for me. Never has he complained. A deep smile breaks in his face. I tried to understand that smile, but could not. I tried to talk to him but the movement I try to open-up he turns his face sideways. He is there, holding a leather-bag full of water to make water available for me. I don’t know what he wants from me, but what I have seen is that he is a blessing for me’, Dove.
Koel, ‘today you made me realize that there are also a bunch of good people in this mad world. Now I have changed my mind. This made developed humanness in me. I was always a parasite. I now onwards will be as protector.’
‘I hope you face such a man in your life. I live by this man; otherwise I would have left this hot summer. All I aim is to talk to him. I want know him’, Dove.
WAEN DEWAN CHUS BALYARS,
BUMBOUR YOETH LOGH NARS,
DEPAMAS MAH WAS ATH NAYE,
AUCH TRAVOUN TEER PAE JIGRAS,
ZABARWAN THE KOHINARN PHAROUS,
SHEHZADN HOUND LOL AWOUS,
KAR EE MADNI SEH ESHQ CHOOR,
PAER PAER LAGHAS ATH LOLJARS.
                                                        QAYOOM MADNI

Comments

Popular Posts