That Sweet Night

Qayoom Shiekh


And came the butterfly, singing with fervor a melody,
I fixed my eyes towards her love,
For she had come to give company to this estranged soul,
Revitalized she on my worries and a gave a night of peaceful sleep,
My fears of being robbed in the wild place vanished, 
The heart found comfort and developed I affection for her,
I would call myself blessed, for someone’s adoration in the eerie woods,
It is not I am only being present here, other fellows are also there, but they are impassive,
Ask them never of emotions, and they do not bother,
Here came hers cologne with her flattering petite wings,
A zephyr brought she in summer-sweat,
That night, how can I forget, when everyone in neighborhood was crying for peace, I the blessed one was with her, her encouraging words and carefree outlook  protected me from the wilderness,
As dawn broke, she complained of going to massifs,
She said she fears light. 
It is in dark, do she come out and heal the lovers, she respired,
The full day light kept her away in the mountain, 
I am yearning for that night, for her glimpse and the rain. 

Comments

Popular Posts